Total Pageviews

23 June 2011

The Web


Well, where to start? The International Marillion day Event on Facebook is gaining momentum - 313 people attending now. Feel free to join us!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=217085401664768

Yesterday The Web UK mag arrived packed full of reviews of the recent conventions. There's a fitting tribute to Facebook friend, Ale lover and fellow Marillion fan Richard "Ranger" Bruce who sadly pasted away a few days after the Montreal convention! I never met him in the flesh, but had many an online chat with him about Marillion and fine ales. He'll be sadly missed by all who knew him.

Alessandro Carmassi wrote a smashing review of the Convention in Port Zelande, including the highlight of his weekend when he sang Quartz with Marillion during Sunday's swap the band. There is also a fantastic "Montreal in pictures" section from the North American convention and a review of the UK convention by Kraig Elsdon. Plus tons of fantastic glossy pictures of the band in action.

Even Malcolm Harris gets a little section in the magazine where he talks about his 100 Marillion belt buckles he had made. He gave all the profit from this to a charity of Marillion's choice! Fantastic. I bought one from him in Holland and I'm wearing my "old style" Marillion logo buckle today Malcolm. One of only 50 of that design in the world. :)

If you aren't a member of The Web UK, I recommend you join! It's worth ever penny!

Here is the link! - http://www.theweb-uk.com/



And finally, I spoke to Mark Wilkinson yesterday. Many of you may know that Mark is the artist that designed many of the early album and single covers for Marillion. Anyway, he's agreed to let me do a small interview with him which I will then pass on to The Web Scandinavia for their next magazine.

So all in all a good day! I even had time to listen to a few tracks from Fugazi when I came home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment