Total Pageviews

28 June 2011

Positive Vibes

Boy, yesterday was a great day.

Firstly, I completed my interview with Mark Wilkinson about his art and connection to Marillion. What a fantastic interview it is too. I've sent it to The Web Scandinavia and I'll post it on this blogg as soon as they have published it.

The Unofficial International "Marillion Lyric" status day event I started on Facebook had almost 500 people planning to take part yesterday. During the day I received a number of mails thanking me for "bringing fans together" by starting this event and quite a few friend requests from all corners of the planet. :)

In the evening, I sat in front of the TV with the wife watching "Mock the Week" just relaxing. Around 9pm I went online to check mail before bed. The Marillion event page had 780 people attending and was rising on every re-fresh. It turns out that Ian "the President" Mosley, Lucy Jordache and Marillion themselves had shared my event link on their Facebook pages and invited over 1000 more people to join us! I was not expecting that, but it put the most huge smile on my face!

This morning we have 1179 people taking part on this event and still over 1000 more invited to join in. This is way more than I had expected. Thanks to the Marillion camp for their involvement!

I wonder if we'll get 2000 people involved? There's still time :)

Join in here - http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=217085401664768

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic !! I hope we get to the 2000 mark :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to it. Thanks for coming up with the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome Karen. I wasn't expecting more than a couple of hundred people to get involved. Now there are 1600+ attending!

    ReplyDelete