Total Pageviews

11 January 2012

Interesting times in Prog!


The past couple of weeks have been more than interesting! I've been taken back to a time when I used to work in the music industry (before the Internet came along and killed it!). Three years ago I move up here to Järbo from a little village called Grillby. My then neighbour and good friend informed me that a guitarist had moved in next door from a prog band a few months back. He posted this video on my FB wall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DUSfkdVRdk

The rest is history - I was well impressed (and I little sorry I moved away!) - The guitarist is Robert Edman, the band Maze of Time. They are a 5 piece Neo Prog outfit with a style not unlike that of Also Eden, with a touch of a Genesis / early Marillion edge to them.

My ex-neighbour arranged a meet at his place along with drummer Thomas Nordh. We got involved in conversation about upping the bands status. I told them I'd happily do what I could via Facebook and friends to help. Well it paid off - 16 likes on their FB page is currently 79 and rising daily!

Some of my friends have already bought MOT CD's, but I spotted a huge "black hole" in their European distribution, Amazon were selling their first CD at £22 labelled as an import and the other as download only. So I can now offer MOT fans their first 2 CD's "Tales From The Maze" and "Lullaby For Heroes" directly from me - Prices are 10 Euros each plus 2 euros P&P. I should have stock from their record label next week :)

For those who don't know the band - Check out their page on FB here. Don't forget to "Like" it! their 3rd album is now recorded - awaiting mixing at present - release date to follow around April or May with any luck! :)

The album "Tales From The Maze" is on Spotify for those who would like to listen first - you won't be disappointed!

Give me a shout if you want to order, payment by paypal :) - they are simply progtastic! :)




1 comment:

  1. Interesting indeed. I think these guys will go far with the right push ;)

    ReplyDelete