Total Pageviews

3 July 2011

Falling from the moon

Thursday was a real high, but I'm back down now! I have written and sent my piece about the Marillion Lyrics day to The Web UK and I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished interview with band comments in the next fanzine!

People have asked me to send out an invite for next years Marillion Lyrics Day but it's best to wait with that. I was a bit impulsive and put the event out, but took it away again! We were all still up in the clouds on Friday morning!

My Facebook page is starting to calm down now. I've had many mails of thanks and friend requests within the Marillion family over the last few days. All feels a bit un-real still! According to Marillion's Lucy Jordache 8,000 to 10,000 people were taking part, many without receiving or accepting the invite :)

The next big thing is something suggested to me by a friend in the UK. A Prog Awareness Event supporting lots of other bands Like Also Eden, The Reasoning, Touchstone and many others. I've got to finalize the details, but I was thinking along the lines of posting videos from youtube combined with the internet address to the bands online store.

I'm also planning with a friend to design a large Marillion tattoo for my back, mostly with art from Mark Wilkinson, but also maybe some later album art too. The idea is a collage of Marillion art to fill my upper back from shoulder to shoulder! A good friend of mine is doing the design and tattoo for me. There will be lots of posting when that happens (in September I think).

I'm also now taking part in the 30 Day Song challenge on Facebook - Day 1 - Favourite song of all time. That's an easy one - David Bowie - Life on Mars

1 comment:

  1. Look forward to seeing the tatt as it progresses. Prog awareness event sounds good -apart from Pendragon And Sylvan I know very little about other prog bands.

    ReplyDelete